What to make for employee meal? Leftover pasta? Beefless Stroganoff = A Happy Staff!
At first the cooks, the wait staff didn't know what to make of this dish. I told them it's a vegan stroganoff. "Is that even possible?", one asked. I said sure!
As a chef I don't have the time to measure the ingredients to cook up our employee meal but I do have the ingredients in my head to share this you.
- Cooked fettuccine
- Vegan beef(try Gardien's beefless tips)
- Soy milk
- Earth Balance butter
- Kolsher salt
- Black pepper
- Organic Italian seasoning
- Tapioca flour mixed in water(slurry) to thicken.
- Choice of YOUR favorite pasta veggies.
- Diced or sliced onions
- Minced garlic
1) Stirfry all veggies and beefless tips in a wok or large pan.
2) Season with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning to taste.
3) Add soy milk and vegan butter and bring to a near boil.
4) Add tapioca mix(slurry) to desired thicken.
5) Mix in the cooked fettucine.
5) Simmer for about a minute or two then serve.
Optional: Add nutritional yeast for a more cheesy flavor.